Benefits of Using Weatherproof / Waterproof LabelsBy Online Labels
Our weather-resistant labels are designed with the most demanding jobs in mind. Our weatherproof materials are perfect if your project requires a label with durability and moisture protection. Continue reading to learn more about waterproof/weatherproof labels including how they work, their benefits, your options, and some common uses.
How They Work
What type of weatherproof material you use depends on which sort of printer you'll be using it with. Our inkjet and laser waterproof materials are forumulated differently based on the printer type. Below, we explain how each one functions.
- Inkjet-Printable Waterproof Labels – While it may seem counterintuitive that ink will stick to the material but water will not, we're proud to say it's true. Our weatherproof inkjet materials will encapsulate the ink into a specially formulated top-coating upon printing. After the ink dries, it won't smear when touched with a wet hand or soaked in water.
- Laser-Printable Waterproof Labels – Laser printers burn or fuse toner onto the label during printing, making it a more reliable method when dealing with weather or water. Laser-printed labels usually last longer in an outdoor application, as well, because unlike regular ink, laser toner won't get bleached out by the sun.
Not sure what type of printer you have? Our article, How to Determine Your Printer Type, walks you through the process.
It's easy to see what the benefits of using weatherproof labels are. Here are just a few things you can look forward to when using weatherproof labels from OnlineLabels.com:
- They're proven to be extremely durable
- No harmful and expensive waterproofing sprays necessary
- They hold up in a wide array of temperatures
- Logos, designs, and other printed information stays legible
- They're high quality without sacrificing aesthetics
- You can use them with your current labeling process — they come in rolls and sheets
- They'll withstand your average wear-and-tear
- They're made with a strong, permanent adhesive
Material & Color Options
Don't settle with store-bought waterproof labels. We offer waterproof label materials in more colors than just white. Listed below are all of our materials that will put up a good fight against water and weather:
- Clear Gloss Laser Labels (CL) – Our clear gloss labels for laser printers are crystal clear with no frosty appearance. The transparent polyester material has a permanent adhesive, is incredibly durable, and possesses a strong resistance to water. These labels are great for creating the "no-label look" since they're completely transparent.
- Clear Matte Laser Labels (CX) – Our clear matte labels for laser printers are made from a slightly frosted polyester material with permanent adhesive. They have an excellent resistance to water and are very durable. They're translucent appearance blends well into most surfaces, creating a very professional look.
- Silver Polyester Laser Labels (SP) - Our silver polyester labels have a brushed silver finish with permanent adhesive. The polyester material doesn't easily tear and performs well in a wide range of temperatures. The material is popular for label applications where high durability is important or a waterproof label is required. It's also an excellent choice for asset tagging with its strong adhesive and durability.
- Weatherproof Matte Inkjet (WJ) – Our white weatherproof matte inkjet material utilizes a waterfast inkjet coating and has a strong, permanent adhesive. It offers the perfect bright white backdrop for full-color designs. It's also tear-resistant and can easily adhere to many surfaces including metal, plastic, and glass.
- Weatherproof Polyester Laser (LP) – Our white weatherproof polyester laser label material is ideal for tough applications. This material does not easily tear and can adhere to most surfaces. Made from a bright white facesheet, your designs will pop off the page.
- White Gloss Inkjet Labels (WI) – Our white gloss labels for inkjet printers offer a glossy appearance combined with our water and tear resistant material. Their white background is perfect for producing beautiful images and allows them to stand out on all surfaces.
These materials continue to be popular with our customers because they can be used for such a wide variety of applications! Here is just a sampling of what our customers are using weatherproof/waterproof labels for:
- Food & Beverage Product Labels – Make sure your products stand up to the constant run-in with wet hands or the condensation that forms from going in and out of a refrigerator. Condensation or "sweating" won't affect our weatherproof labels, so you'll have a professional look and lasting impression whether your labels are in the fridge, freezer, cooler, or someone's hand. They work great with jams, jellies, sauces, and other products that live near water, as well as customized beer, wine, or water bottle labels.
- Bath & Body Product Labels – If you're labeling products that will end up in the bathroom or by a sink, the weatherproof materials will keep your customers happy. No more bleeding ink on their hands, staining the surface where the container sits, or leaving them with an unidentifiable product. These labels will withstand the heat and water of a shower, contact with soap while washing dishes, and oily hands from lotions.
- Outdoor Labels – The outdoors can be a very volatile environment so you need a label that's just as tough. Whether it's hot, cold, rainy, or sunny, our weatherproof labels will hold up to the elements while preserving your message.
If you need labels that hold up to extreme use, learn more about our most durable materials. You can also order custom-colored labels and custom sizes. Our customer service team is happy to help find the right label for your project. Call 1-888-575-2235 for more details.