Benefits of Using Weatherproof / Waterproof LabelsBy Online Labels
What type of weatherproof material you use depends on which sort of printer you'll be using it with. If you're not sure what you have at home or the office, our article Laser vs. Inkjet Printers breaks down the differences for you. If you already know which kind of printer you have, jump to the right section where you'll find details on the differences of each weatherproof label material.
Our white matte inkjet weatherproof label material is specially formulated to work with your standard inkjet printer. While it may seem counterintuitive that ink will stick to the material but water will not, we're proud to say it's true. The vinyl weatherproof material will encapsulate the ink into a specially formulated top-coating upon printing. After the process is complete, the ink won't smear when touched with a wet hand or soaked in water.
Our white matte laser weatherproof label material is a bit more consistent than the inkjet because you're not dealing with a top coating. Laser printers burn or fuse toner onto the label during printing, making it a more reliable method when dealing with weather or water. Laser-printed labels usually last longer in an outdoor application, as well, because unlike regular ink, laser toner won't get bleached out by the sun.
It's easy to see what the benefits of using weatherproof labels are. Here are just a few things you can look forward to when using weatherproof labels from OnlineLabels.com.
- Say goodbye to harmful and expensive waterproofing sprays
- Keep your logo and company information legible on the label so customers can easily reorder
- Trust both the vinyl and polyester materials to be extremely durable
- Know that both materials will hold up in a wide array of temperatures
- Enjoy great quality without sacrificing aesthetics — wow your customers with gloss and matte options
- Use them with your current labeling process — they come in rolls and sheets
- Ensure your labels withstand your average wear-and-tear
- Experience labels with a strong, permanent adhesive
These materials continue to be popular with our customers because they can be used for such a wide variety of applications! Here is just a sampling of what our customers are using weatherproof/waterproof labels for:
Beverage Product Labels
If you want to customize beer, wine, or water bottle labels for an event, our weatherproof materials are great. Condensation or "sweating" won't affect our weatherproof labels, so you'll have a professional look and lasting impression whether your labels are in the fridge, freezer, cooler, or someone's hand. Check out our beer bottle labels, wine bottle labels, or water bottle labels.
Food Product Labels
If you make jams, jellies, sauces, or anything else near the kitchen, grill, or pool, the weatherproof products will work for you. Make sure your products stand up to the constant run-in with wet hands or the condensation that forms from going in and out of a refrigerator. Browse product and container labels.
Bath & Body Product Labels
If you're labeling products that will end up in the bathroom or by a sink, the weatherproof materials will keep your customers happy. No more bleeding ink on their hands, staining the surface where the container sits, or leaving them with an unidentifiable product. These labels will withstand the heat and water of a shower, contact with soap while washing dishes, and oily hands from lotions. Look through our bath and body labels.
The outdoors can be a very volatile environment so you need a label that’s just as tough. Whether it’s hot, cold, rainy, or sunny, our weatherproof labels will hold up to the elements while preserving your message.
While the white weatherproof material remains the most popular, many of our customers don’t know there are a few other materials we offer with a similar purpose. Listed below are some other materials that will also put up a good fight against water and weather:
- White Gloss Inkjet Labels (WI) – Our white gloss labels for inkjet printers offer a glossy appearance combined with our water and tear resistant material. Their white background is perfect for producing beautiful images and allows them to stand out on all surfaces.
- Clear Matte Laser Labels (CX) – Our clear matte labels for laser printers are made from a slightly frosted polyester material with permanent adhesive. They have an excellent resistance to water and are very durable. They're translucent appearance blends well into most surfaces, creating a very professional look.
- Clear Gloss Laser Labels (CL) – Our clear gloss labels for laser printers are crystal clear with no frosty appearance. The transparent polyester material has a permanent adhesive, is incredibly durable, and possesses a strong resistance to water. These labels are great for creating the "no-label look" since they're completely transparent.
- Silver Polyester Laser Labels (SP) - Our silver polyester labels have a brushed silver finish with permanent adhesive. The polyester material doesn't easily tear and performs well in a wide range of temperatures. The material is popular for label applications where high durability is important or a waterproof label is required. It's also an excellent choice for asset tagging with its strong adhesive and durability.
Our weather-resistant labels are designed with the most demanding jobs in mind. If you're labeling something that requires durability and moisture protection or is exposed to liquids or heavy use, these labels are multi-use and durable, perfect for your next project. Enhance your labels with our variety of material options. We never want you to sacrifice appearance for quality, so we're determined to deliver both! If you would like a custom color, we can do that too. Order custom-colored labels or talk with customer service for more details.