Our matte clear label sheet for laser printing is a slightly frosted polyester material with permanent adhesive. The material has excellent resistance to water and is very durable. The clear matte has a 50 lb. liner and a thickness of 0.0054 inches +/- 10%.
- For best results when printing your clear matte material, make sure to use the manual by-pass tray located on your printer.
- We suggest printing the clear matte material in the "Labels" material type within your printer settings.
- This material should only be printed with a laser printer.
Clear Matte Laser (CX) Material VideoOur clear matte laser labels have a slightly frosted appearance that is made for laser printing. These clear label sheets are made from a durable polyester that is great for many different applications. (Play Video)
Tips related to Clear Matte for Laser Material
- Store clear matte sheets in the original plastic clamshell packaging in a cool, dry place to avoid humidity. Storing label sheets in the printing environment for a short period before attempting to print, allows them to adjust to any temperature changes and stabilize after shipping, which may prevent common printing problems.
- Prevent label sheets from being exposed to direct sunlight or flood lights.
- Before you print onto a label sheet, first print onto a blank piece of paper. Place the sheet in front of the label sheet, and then hold the sheets up to a light to make sure the positioning is correct.
- Before and after printing, handle label sheets by the edges of the sheet being careful not to get oil from your fingers on the printable label surface. Oil may cause smudging.
- Allow label to dry completely before stacking, handling or peeling the printed labels.
- Sheets of clear matte labels can be passed through the printer only once. Numerous runs through the printer can cause the label to jam or peel off.
- We do not recommend printing your clear matte label in a photocopier or inkjet printer, as there is a higher chance of jamming.
Troubleshooting Issues Related to Clear Matte for Laser Material
- If your clear matte labels are suffering from a smudging effect or a faint print in a laser printer, you may adjust your material type to “Labels” to help avoid this problem.
- If you experience any jamming issues during printing, please contact a customer service representative at 888-575-2235.
Troubleshooting Issues Related to OL600CX
- If you are experiencing alignment issues when printing with Maestro Label Designer or a PDF, verify the page scaling is set to none and un-check the “auto rotate and center” option in print settings. It may also be labeled as “Resize Page to Fit Printer Margins.”
- If you are experiencing additional alignment issues when using Maestro Label Designer or other software, please refer to our Printer Alignment Guide.