Our weatherproof laser label sheets are made from a durable polyester material. The polyester material does not easily tear and performs well in a wide range of temperatures. The material has a 56 lb. liner and a thickness of 0.007 inches +/- 10%.
- For best results when printing your weatherproof polyester material, use the manual by-pass tray located on your printer.
- When printing the weatherproof polyester material, select the "Labels" material type within your printer settings.
- This material should only be printed with a laser printer.
Weatherproof Polyester Laser (LP) Material VideoThe weatherproof laser material is the perfect option when the label is applied to a surface that can become wet or exposed to the elements. (Play Video)
Tips related to Weatherproof Polyester for Laser Material
- IMPORTANT: Store label sheets in the original plastic clamshell packaging in a cool, dry place to avoid humidity. Storing label sheets in the printing environment for a up to 24 hours before using them, allows them to adjust to any temperature changes and stabilize after shipping, which may prevent common printing problems.
- Prevent label sheets from being exposed to direct sunlight or flood lights.
- Before you print onto a label sheet, first print onto a blank piece of paper. Place the sheet in front of the label sheet, and then hold the sheets up to a light to make sure the positioning is correct.
- Before and after printing, handle label sheets by the edges of the sheet being careful not to get oil from your fingers on the printable label surface. Oil may cause smudging or smearing.
- Allow label to dry completely before stacking, handling or peeling the printed labels.
- Sheets of weatherproof polyester labels can be passed through the printer only once. Numerous runs through the printer will result in jamming or peeling.
- We do not recommend printing your weatherproof polyester label in a photocopier or inkjet printer, as there is a higher chance of jamming.
Troubleshooting Issues Related to Weatherproof Polyester for Laser Material
- If your weatherproof polyester labels are suffering from a smudging effect or a faint print in a laser printer, try adjusting your print settings to “Glossy” to help avoid this problem.
- If you experience any jamming issues, please contact a customer service representative at 888-575-2235.
Troubleshooting Issues Related to OL450LP
- If you are experiencing alignment issues when printing with Maestro Label Designer or a PDF, verify the page scaling is set to none and un-check the “auto rotate and center” option in print settings. It may also be labeled as “Resize Page to Fit Printer Margins.”
- If you are experiencing additional alignment issues when using Maestro Label Designer or other software, please refer to our Printer Alignment Guide.