Our clear gloss label for laser printing is a transparent polyester material with permanent adhesive. The material has excellent resistance to water and is very durable. The material has a 60 lb. facestock and a 51 lb. liner. The material also has a thickness of 0.0072 inches +/- 10%.
- For best results when printing your clear gloss material, make sure to use the manual by-pass tray located on your printer.
- We suggest printing with the “Labels” material type to ensure a quality print.
- This material should only be printed with a laser printer.
Clear Gloss Laser (CL) Material VideoOur clear gloss laser labels virtually disappear when applied, great for a professional look. (Play Video)
Tips related to Clear Gloss for Laser Material
- IMPORTANT: Store clear gloss sheets in the original plastic clamshell packaging in a cool, dry place to avoid humidity. Storing label sheets in the printing environment for a short period before attempting to print, allows them to adjust to any temperature changes and stabilize after shipping, which may prevent common printing problems.
- Prevent label sheets from being exposed to direct sunlight or flood lights.
- Before you print onto a label sheet, first print onto a blank piece of paper. Place the sheet in front of the label sheet, and then hold the sheets up to a light to make sure the positioning is correct.
- Before and after printing, handle label sheets by the edges of the sheet being careful not to get oil from your fingers on the printable label surface. Oil may cause smudging.
- Allow label to dry completely before stacking, handling or peeling the printed labels.
- Sheets of clear gloss labels can be passed through the printer only once. Numerous runs through the printer can cause the label to jam or peel off.
- We do not recommend printing your clear gloss label in a photocopier or inkjet printer, as there is a higher chance of jamming.
Troubleshooting Issues Related to Clear Gloss for Laser Material
- If your clear gloss labels are suffering from a smudging effect or a faint print in a laser printer, try adjusting the material type in your printer settings to to “Transparency” to help avoid this problem.
- If you experience any jamming issues during printing, please contact a customer service representative at 888-575-2235.
Troubleshooting Issues Related to OL243CL
- If you are experiencing alignment issues when printing with Maestro Label Designer or a PDF, verify the page scaling is set to none and un-check the “auto rotate and center” option in print settings. It may also be labeled as “Resize Page to Fit Printer Margins.”
- If you are experiencing additional alignment issues when using Maestro Label Designer or other software, please refer to our Printer Alignment Guide.