Our kraft labels have a brown paper bag finish with a permanent adhesive and are made from 100% post recyclable waste. The adhesive is unique because it allows the label to be easily recycled. Our brown kraft labels have a slight texture and can you help you achieve that natural or earthy look for your product. The material has a 44 lb. facestock and a thickness of 0.0039 inches +/- 10%.
- We suggest printing the brown kraft material in the "Auto/Unspecified" material type within your printer settings.
- This material can be printed in both laser and inkjet printers.
Brown Kraft (BK) Material VideoThe brown kraft material has a textured, earthy, brown paper bag finish with a permanent adhesive. This material prints excellent in both laser and inkjet printers. (Play Video)
Tips related to Brown Kraft Material
- Store brown kraft label sheets in the original plastic clamshell packaging in a cool, dry place to avoid humidity. Storing the label sheets in the printing environment for a short period before attempting to print, allows them to adjust to any temperature changes and stabilize after shipping, which may prevent common printing problems.
- Prevent label sheets from being exposed to direct sunlight or flood lights.
- Before you print onto brown kraft material, first print onto a blank piece of paper. Place the sheet in front of the label, and then hold the sheets up to a light to make sure the positioning is correct.
- Before and after printing, handle the label by the edges of the sheet being careful not to get oil from your fingers on the printable brown kraft surface. Oil may cause smudging.
- Allow label to dry completely before stacking, handling or peeling the printed brown kraft material.
Troubleshooting Issues Related to Brown Kraft Material
- If you experience any smearing during printing in a laser printer, we suggest selecting the "Labels" material type in printer settings.
- If you are experiencing any smearing during printing in an inkjet printer, we suggest lowering your DPI or quality setting.
Troubleshooting Issues Related to OL136BK
- If you are experiencing alignment issues when printing with Maestro Label Designer or a PDF, verify the page scaling is set to none and un-check the “auto rotate and center” option in print settings. It may also be labeled as “Resize Page to Fit Printer Margins.”
- If you are experiencing additional alignment issues when using Maestro Label Designer or other software, please refer to our Printer Alignment Guide.