The foil material is a metalized paper material with permanent adhesive. This material has a shiny, reflective surface and works in most types of inkjet printers. The material has a 68lb. facestock and a 56lb. liner.
- We suggest printing Foil Inkjet materials in the "Auto/Unspecified" material type within your printer settings.
If you experience any smearing during printing in an inkjet printer, we suggest lowering your DPI or quality settings.
Tips related to Silver Foil for Inkjet Material
- Store Foil Inkjet label sheets in the original plastic clamshell packaging in a cool, dry place to avoid humidity. Storing label sheets in the printing environment for a short period before attempting to print, allows them to adjust to any temperature changes and stabilize after shipping, which may prevent common printing problems.
- Prevent Foil Inkjet label sheets from being exposed to direct sunlight or flood lights.
- Before you print onto Foil Inkjet materials, first print onto a blank piece of paper. Place the sheet in front of the label, and then hold the sheets up to a light to make sure the positioning is correct.
- Before and after printing, handle label sheets by the edges of the sheet being careful not to get oil from your fingers on the printable material surface. Oil may cause smudging.
- Allow ink to dry completely before stacking, handling or peeling the printed Foil Inkjet material.
Troubleshooting Issues Related to Silver Foil for Inkjet Material
- If you experience any smearing during printing in an inkjet printer, we suggest lowering your DPI or quality settings.
Troubleshooting Issues Related to OL800SI
- If you are experiencing alignment issues when printing with Maestro Label Designer or a PDF, verify the page scaling is set to none and un-check the “auto rotate and center” option in print settings. It may also be labeled as “Resize Page to Fit Printer Margins.”
- If you are experiencing additional alignment issues when using Maestro Label Designer or other software, please refer to our Printer Alignment Guide.