Our silver polyester labels have a brushed silver finish with permanent adhesive. The material has a 56 lb. liner and a thickness of 0.003 inches +/- 10%.
- For best results when printing your silver polyester material, make sure to use the manual by-pass tray located on your printer.
- It is suggested to do a test print in the “Labels” print setting to ensure a quality print.
- This material should only be printed with laser printers.
Weatherproof Silver Polyester Laser (SP) Material VideoDesigned for laser printers, with water-resistant properties our weatherproof silver polyester sheets have an elegant and decorative look. (Play Video)
Tips related to Weatherproof / Waterproof Silver Polyester Material
- Store silver polyester sheets in the original plastic clamshell packaging in a cool, dry place to avoid humidity. Storing label sheets in the printing environment for a short period before attempting to print, allows them to adjust to any temperature changes and stabilize after shipping, which may prevent common printing problems.
- Prevent label sheets from being exposed to direct sunlight or flood lights.
- Before you print onto a label sheet, first print onto a blank piece of paper. Place the sheet in front of the label sheet, and then hold the sheets up to a light to make sure the positioning is correct.
- Before and after printing, handle label sheets by the edges of the sheet being careful not to get oil from your fingers on the printable label surface. Oil may cause smudging.
- Allow label to dry completely before stacking, handling or peeling the printed labels.
- Sheets of silver polyester labels can be passed through the printer only once. Numerous runs can cause the label to curl as it passes through the printer, causing jamming.
- We do not recommend printing your silver polyester label in a photocopier or inkjet printer, as there is a higher chance of jamming.
Troubleshooting Issues Related to Weatherproof / Waterproof Silver Polyester Material
- If your silver polyester labels are suffering from a smudging effect or a faint print in a laser printer, you may adjust your print settings to “Transparency” to help avoid this problem.
- If you experience any jamming issues during printing, please contact a customer service representative at 888-575-2235.
Troubleshooting Issues Related to OL1027SP
- If you are experiencing alignment issues when printing with Maestro Label Designer or a PDF, verify the page scaling is set to none and un-check the “auto rotate and center” option in print settings. It may also be labeled as “Resize Page to Fit Printer Margins.”
- If you are experiencing additional alignment issues when using Maestro Label Designer or other software, please refer to our Printer Alignment Guide.